Author Topic: Captain Tsubasa 2018 Episode 1 – Review  (Read 82 times)

News

• View Profile
Captain Tsubasa 2018 Episode 1 – Review
« on: April 08, 2018, 10:16:26 am »
Captain Tsubasa got a new anime this year and the first episode debuted yesterday on April 3 2018. I feel like it has been a long time since we got a Captain Tsubasa anime, and it was really a huge part of my childhood. Seeing another anime adaptation made me and thousands of other fans scream in joy, but did the first episode deliver? Let’s look into it.

The story is focused on a boy named Tsubasa. We see him with a football right from the get go. His father is seen leaving for his Navy service for about 2 years. Tsubasa somehow gets in a terrible accident as a kid, and is saved due to the football absorbing the impact. To be honest, I wasn’t the biggest fan of this scene. It seemed ridiculous to me. But aside from this, the anime was decent. The opening was great, and featured some good animation.

We then skip 10 years, and Tsubasa is quite grown up now. Tsubasa loves football just as a much as he did when he was a kid. When he moves to a new town, he doesn’t help his mom with the moving-in process. Rather, he goes off to find a football field, and after exploring the town quite a bit, he comes across one, where he meets his rival; a goalkeeper named Wakabayashi. Wakabayashi seems to be a terrific goalkeeper, so Tsubasa seeks him out in order to challenge him. In the process, we get to see the first friend that Tsubasa makes, and that’s Ishizaki Ryo. Ryo loves football too, but he isn’t nearly as good as Tsubasa.

Wakabayashi, who is training his skills at his mansion is then interrupted by Tsubasa and his challenge, which he gladly accepts. Well probably see the challenge next week. As far as the first episode goes, I think it went by quickly, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The animation was quite good, and I loved the smears in particular. Aside from that accident thing, the only problem i had with the first episode was Tsubasa’s character, which seemed a bit too one-dimensional to me. I know that’ll change with time, but the first episode didn’t portray anything other than his love for the ball to us. Overall, I think it was a decent episode for a pilot. Let’s see what Tsubasa brings in next week.

Source: https://otakukart.com/anime/captain-tsubasa-2018-episode-1-review/